Friday, February 7, 2014

Revamping.

Well, there I go, forgetting about this blog for like four months. I'm bad at keeping up with this kind of stuff, also writing about writing makes me feel kind of weird so there will probably be breaks like this often.

   Anyway, now I'm going to tell you guys about something crazy that's happened to me over the course of...oh, about 48 hours.

   I completely changed my novel.

You see, my book has a good storyline. A pretty good plot. Lovable characters. But...well, you see, I had a lot of plot holes, things that didn't make sense that I would "fix later." But when it came time for me to fix them? I realized that they were actually impossible to fix.

   I couldn't fix them without damaging the plot, without giving my main character's love interest a hard exterior that he would never in a million years have. It would just turn disastrous.

   So I changed it. The characters are still there (minus the ones that had no purpose), and the main plot is still there. But all the other details are changed. It's so different, I could probably write them both.

   And it's kind of sad. I love the new version of this novel, but a part of me still misses the other book like crazy.

   *Sigh* The life of a writer, huh?

--Mandy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment